Wednesday 15 June 2016

Creigiau - 14 June

Another good mid-week box with 58 moths of 32 species. I'm getting a lot of variety at the moment - of the 32 species, 10 were new for the year and 1 of those (Cypress Carpet) was a new moth for me!

Full list of NFY species - Ancylis achatana (not sure about this one - see pic), Epinotia bilunana, Cypress Carpet, Freyer's Pug (another doubtful one), Ghost Moth, Gold Spot ( I found this on the ground looking not very well at all), Heart & Club, Small Fan-foot, Spruce Carpet and Treble Lines.

Epinotia bilunana
Cypress Carpet
Ghost Moth
Gold Spot
Heart & Club
Spruce Carpet
The two that I'm not sure about - Ancylis achatana & Freyer's Pug





3 comments:

  1. Celypha lacunana for the Tortrix. Too small for Freyer's i would say, and too worn as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes looks like Grey or Golden-rod.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both.

    Grey was my other option but I guess this is another for the 'anon pug' directory.

    ReplyDelete