Friday 10 June 2016

ID help please

Out looking in the garden for the Endothenia nigricostana this afternoon and found this little beast. On the same shrubs, and looks approx the same size but all I managed was a one-off 'grab-shot'. It disappeared into the shrubs when I tried to catch it but maybe it will re-appear later/tomorrow. Although distinctly marked I have failed miserably to find a match so would be grateful for some assistance.


I also rescued a very nice Lychnis from the bathroom wall last night - another new moth for the year.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps another, slightly odd, nigricostana? Your garden seems to be a hot spot for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I thought when I first saw it ..... but I haven't been able to find a single image of nigricostana to match it. Haven't seen it since either ......

    ReplyDelete