Thursday 25 August 2016

Creigiau - Tuesday 23 August

The midweek box attracted 154 moths of 44 species, although it should be said that 58 of them were LYU! Two, if my IDs are correct, will be new for me - Eupoecilia angustana and Cochylimphora straminea



The latter was approx 8mm long, which would be too small for the similar, larger, C alternana.

Three others were new for the year - Blood-vein, Brown China-mark and Dingy Shell



As usual, there are some that I'd be grateful for help with. I'm pretty sure these are Bactra sp. but could they both be B lancealana ?



and finally ... is this tatty beastie a Currant or Wormwood Pug ?




2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on the micros Howard, but the Bactra, although probably the commoner B. lancealana, needs dissecting to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paul.

    I'll just log them as Bactra sp..

    Looking at the new LERC Wales database, Aderyn, the Eupoecilia angustana may be the first record for my square (ST08).

    ReplyDelete