Saturday 14 July 2018

Llandaff - Garden - 7th - 14 July

Trap was out on most evenings last week. I'm not a fan of all this heat but the moths were in abundance.

Only one new to the garden, Clouded Magpie, but a few interesting during the course of the week.

The best being Sycamore, Red Necked Footman, Green Silver-lines, Scarce Silver-lines, Scarlet Tigers, Beautiful Hook-tip, Small Emerald, Bordered Sallow, Green Arches, Pebble Prominent, Miller and Coronet.

Not a lot of interesting micros except a tiny which looks to be Ectoedemia decentella, a tad active and difficult to photograph.

Others being, Mompha langiella, Lozotaeniodes formosana, Teleiodes vulgella, Endotricha flammealis, Hypsopygia glaucinalis, Caloptilia rufipennella, Oegoconia sp., Batia lunaris, Crassa unitella, lots of Argyresthia sp and a Parornix sp.


2 comments:

  1. Quite a good garden haul Stephen. I don't get many Tigers and I've never seen a Sycamore. I do find it fascinating that, although we are not that far apart (Creigiau & Llandaff North) we do see different moths. I was discussing this with George (Tordoff) recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice moths Stephen. I've had some good stuff too, though different from yours.

    I've had a couple of decentella in recent years, tiny but distinctive.

    ReplyDelete