Thursday 3 April 2014

No Visitors from Afar

As I had to take today off, last night was so mild and the air flow is coming from exciting regions, I decided to run my garden trap. I have to say, the catch was a little disappointing, given the conditions and there were no exotic visitors. There were a couple of slightly early species, namely Bee Moth and Yellow-barred Brindle, but neither of them were outrageously early, just adding a smidgeon of interest to an otherwise mundane catch.

Bee Moth x 1
Brindled Pug x 2
Dotted Border x 1
The Engrailed x 2
Small Quaker x 4
Common Quaker x 17
Clouded Drab x 1
Hebrew Character x 2
Early Grey x 6
The Chestnut x 3

There was also a so far unidentified micro, which escaped before I could pot it or take a half decent photo of it. I did manage a single, head-on shot of it, as it sat at the bottom of one of the egg box cells, so once I get it off the camera I might post it, in the unlikely hope that anyone at all will be able to make something of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment