Wednesday 2 April 2014

Parc Slip

Good haul of moths last night with temperature not dropping below 12. Common quaker with 118 was most common by far with 20+ of small quaker, hebrew character and clouded drab. Most interesting were a (early?) pale prominent,a  powdered quaker, grey shoulder-knot and a couple of early thorns. 23 species not including the following:



I have kept them in case they need their cilia etc looking at as per previous blog. Apologies for the photos - they don't stay still for long!

4 comments:

  1. The first one looks like Agonopterix heracilana/cilella (cilia check needed!). The other two are probably Depressaria daucella if the size is right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks George - I tried to id the Apgonopterix but it wouldn't sit still and I didn't feel confident enough when I did get a look so I'l have to put it down as either/or

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you still have them and want to pass them on to me I can take a closer look, but I agree with what George has said

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the offer Dave but I'm afraid I felt sorry for them and let them go!

    ReplyDelete