Saturday 26 April 2014

Scarce SIlver Y at Craig y Llyn

I'm not sure what possessed me, but I went up to Craig y Llyn this morning in the hope of sweeping Coleophora cases from heather. I was hoping for a couple of hours before the showers but in the end I got soaked after about 30 minutes. Just before the rain, I managed to sweep the heather on the small rockface in the foreground of the photo below.

Craig y Llyn
I didn't find any Coleophoras, but did net 3 geometrid larvae as well as the rather smart Scarce Silver Y larva in the photo below. This is a known site for the moth so not too surprising, but it's not a larva I've seen before.
Scarce Silver Y larva, Craig y Llyn
 One of the others was this geometrid - any ideas anyone?
Geometrid larva, Craig y Llyn

No comments:

Post a Comment