Saturday 16 June 2012

Cwmbach GMS

It's been a pretty bad day so far, but I only recorded 6mm of rain overnight, so the rain couldn't have been to heavy for most of the time. With a balmy minimum of 10.80 C, I managed to attract thirteen moths of nine species to my garden trap, for the GMS. New for the season in the garden were these five:

Common Swift
Small Phoenix
Garden Tiger
Large Yellow Underwing
The Shears

The rainfall total for my garden, this month, already stands at 204mm, making this June the wettest here since I started keeping rainfall records in 1994- and we're still only half way through the month!

2 comments:

  1. A minimum temperature of 12.7C in Llandaff North, the warmest night I've trapped on since 1st June. But it was very windy.

    Only 10 species in the trap with 3 new for the year: Mottled Beauty, Elachista canapennella and Celypha striana. Heart & Dart numbers increasing: 18 last night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had three Heart and Dart, rather than the singletons I'd previously had.

      Delete