Wednesday 10 October 2012

Gowerton garden

I was going to go out to look for Merveille du Jour last night as I have not seen it here in Wales. As it was raining I set the light in the garden instead, to be rewarded with my first Welsh M d J, along with 14 other autumn species including Flounced Chestnut, Green-brindled Crescent, Red-green Carpet, Ypsolopha ustella, Sallow etc. A really colourful bunch.
Merveille du Jour

Ypsolopha ustella

Flounced Chestnut


Also had a few releases from the night before from Pant y Sais bog of Webb's, Bulrush and Small Wainscot, where I also saw Marsh Oblique-barred and Pinion-streaked Snout.
Two pictures of the same Blair's Shoulder-knot using a 'stacking' syatem to combine several pictures focussed at different points-- a first attempt.

2 comments:

  1. 'Rhyfeddod y dydd' is the Welsh subspecies I'm informed!
    I like your stacking results - are you on the free trial for a month of Helicon, or have you using something else? I've found images can look a little flat if over-done, but your Blair's S-k has worked splendidly!

    ReplyDelete