Sunday 12 August 2018

Aproaerema anthyllidella?

Sorting through the meagre GMS catch, yesterday, I found this tiny micro, dead in the drain funnel.

The only moth illustrated in Micro Moths of Great Britain and Ireland, that seems to match it is Aproaerema anthyllidella and the description seems to match fairly well too.
Although a bit knocked about, the cillia are reasonably intact and in part, appear to show a thin, dark band or stripe.

The main larval food plant is given as Kidney Vetch and as far as I am aware, the nearest Kidney Vetch to my house is around three miles away, but there might be some closer that I am not aware of.

The two given confusion species, both of which are rarer; Eulamprotes immaculatella and Syncopacma albipalpella are not illustrated in the book, but viewing them on UK Leps, their outward appearance doesn't seem to match as well.

It is quite probable that I am barking up the wrong tree with this, so opinions welcome.





2 comments:

  1. Since it's dead if you want to stick it in the post to me I'll dissect it. Email me if you don't have the new postal address.Dave

    ReplyDelete