Tuesday 29 May 2012

Micros

To celebrate the arrival of the new British Wildlife micro book through my letter box yesterday, here are a few recent micro photos. The book is excellent, particularly the illustrations - well worth ordering even if you only have a passing interest in micros. My only criticism - a few of the maps are a bit out of date, quite a few species present in VC41 are not shown as being present here on the maps.

Cedestis subfasciella, Llandaff North
Mompha raschkiella, Swansea

Celypha lacunana, reared from Hailey Park
Metzneria metzneriella, reared from Knapweed, Hailey Park

2 comments:

  1. Some lovely moths and absolutely superb images.

    Agree about the new micro book and the maps, this is true for other areas too, but I guess this would always be the case. Given the advent of this book I guess it's highly likely that many more maps will soon become out of date as the number of people getting into micros increases, which can only be a good thing.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the build up, George. My copy has been on order for over a month, so should be with me shortly. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete