Tuesday 15 July 2014

Alun Valley today

After surveys in the Alun Valley today, I had a bit of a poke around for moths on the steep stony slopes near the St Bride's Road. I found two interesting plumes, Merrifieldia leucodactyla and the tiny but rather lovely Oxyptilus parvidactylus. On checking MapMate, I see there are only two previous VC41 records of the latter, but both from the same site.
Oxyptilus parvidactylus
Other species seen included Small Purple-barred, Chalk Carpet and this strange little micro which is one of the Ochsenheimeria species - I'm not sure which one though! There are a few county records of taurella but none of urella, so I guess I should hang on to it.

Ochsenheimeria sp

2 comments:

  1. I dimly recall a record of urella in my old backlog of stuff that's not gone in, but with so few records of either it is well worth checking anyway!

    ReplyDelete