Friday 9 August 2013

Lavernock Battery

With rain not forecast to arrive until midnight, I decided at the last minute to head down to Lavernock to kick off Moth Night 2013. I thought this was as good a place as any to try for Jersey Tiger, one of the target species of MN, and ran my trap almost right on the cliff top by the old gun emplacements.

In the event it started raining as soon as I switched on at 21:30, and continued in pulses all evening. I gave up after 2 hours by which time I'd recorded 59 species. No Jersey Tigers (surprise!) but a few other good records, the best of which were Maple Pug and Trachycera marmorea new for ST16. Other highlights were Barred Rivulet (2), Dark Umber and Mecyna asinalis. The only tigers to turn up were 5 Ruby Tigers.
Barred Rivulet
Ruby Tiger

Trachycera marmorea

No comments:

Post a Comment