Saturday 25 July 2015

A rather damp and windy week...

I think our week in Port Eynon was rather blighted by wind and rain and rather lower temperatures than I was hoping for, however I did manage to put a trap out in the garden each night.

I caught a total of 117+ species, two of which - Northern Rustic and Large Tabby (below) - were lifers.



Also, several new for my year list including Crescent Dart, White-line Dart, Privet Hawk-moth, Meal Moth, Cochylis atricapitana, Pandemis heperana, Twenty-plume Moth, Rusty Dot Pearl, Dark Sword-grass, Lackey, Wormwood Pug, Brussels Lace, Buff Footman, Dingy Footman, Garden Tiger, Broad-bordered Yellow Underwing, Lesser Broad-bordered Yellow Underwing, Lesser Yellow Underwing, Cabbage Moth, Marbled Green, Bordered Sallow and Dark Spectacle.

Also, I had this pug which I'm not 100% sure on; wingspan 24mm. I'm wondering if it is Bleached??


Back in Bucks now!

Dave Morris


4 comments:

  1. Certainly looks a good candidate for Bleached, Dave. I'm jealous of the Large Tabby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Chris! Bleached Pug is a lifer also.

    I'll be back next year, hopefully :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd need more to be convinced that this was Bleached rather than just a worn Wormwood Pug. Sorry Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK! I'm afraid I didn't retain that moth, although I do have a few others that'll go for further work... I had a couple of Wormwoods the next night in the garden.

    ReplyDelete