Friday 17 July 2015

Creigiau - Tuesday,14 July

 My midweek trap was overwhelmed with moths on Wednesday morning - 291 moths of (assuming my IDs are correct) 59 identified species! The bulk of the catch was C. culmella (70 counted) and Heart & Dart(37).

However, 17 species were new for the year, 1 (Celypha lacunana) was new for the garden and 5 were new for me (Chilo phragmitella, Cydia fagiglandana, Diorvtria sp, Lozotaeniodes formosanus & Phtheochroa inopiana).


Celypha lacunana

Chilo phragmitella


Cydia fagiglandana

Dioryctria sp.

Lozotaeniodes formosanus

Phtheochroa inopiana










2 comments:

  1. The Doiryctria looks like abietella to me. Nice selection

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Barry.

    I only really look at micros if there is something sufficiently distinctive to give me a chance at ID - just like pugs! Looking at recent postings, there are some very nice looking micros being trapped all over the place - wouldn't mind some of those turning up in my garden!

    ReplyDelete