Friday 24 July 2015

Penarth

WTSWW ran a public moth/bat walk at St. Augustine's Church in Penarth last night and the conditions were pretty good for both bats and moths. It's a shame we had to pack up at about 23:00 as things were starting to come in in good numbers but it was a long way from home for me!
A few pretty species turned up to keep the attendees happy including swallow-tailed moth, brimstone, common emerald and small emerald (which was a new moth for me as far as I'm aware - I've certainly never had it at Parc Slip. The most spectacular visitor though was an old lady which is another one I haven't caught at PS.
Some nice micros too including an Oegoconia sp. which was another new one for me as well as Carcina quercana, Lozotaenia forsterana, Blastobasis adustella and a white plume.

No comments:

Post a Comment