Monday 6 July 2015

Creigiau last night

Put the trap out last night because quite a few moths were fluttering around the lit windows. Collected 71 moths of 33 species with a couple of unidentified micros and pugs. Five were new for the year - Bud Moth, Cabbage Moth, Clouded Magpie, Ephestia parasitella (I think) and Udea olivalis. The Clouded Magpie was new for the garden, but I trapped one while on holiday in Snowdonia a couple of years ago. If confirmed, the Ephestea paraitella will be a new moth for me.

Clouded Magpie
Ephestia parasitella ?

5 comments:

  1. It is an Ephestia, but I don't like detting them from photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those I've dissected from Cardiff have been parasitella, but there's always a chance of one of the other species...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've dissected both from Jake's trap in Roath - but that might just be because of his urban location.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete