Sunday 5 July 2015

Llandaff North, Friday night

I had a bit of an odd catch on Friday night - 46 species was a disappointing total given the sultry conditions, and the macro-moths were disappointing with only Toadflax Pug of note (my first here for a few years).
Toadflax Pug

The micros were much better though, with 3 new for the garden: Eana osseana (usually an upland species, and only one previous Cardiff record), Epinotia signatana (6th VC record) and Amblyptilia punctidactyla (I get lots of acanthadactyla so it was nice to finally see the other one here).

Amblyptilia punctidactyla
Eana osseana
Epinotia signatana
Like Barry, I also had the bug Deraeocoris flavilina as well as many other non moths, including 4 Lagria hirta, which I've never seen here before. Clearly there were a lot of insects on the move.
Deraeocoris flavilina
Lagria hirta
 It all pales into insignificance compared with Toadflax Brocade though!

1 comment:

  1. Great pics as always George! I get get Lagria hirta very frequently, in season, in my trap, presumably because I live near the coast.

    ReplyDelete