Thursday 2 July 2015

Merthyr Mawr micro queries

As mentioned in my previous blog, I have quite a few unresolved micros from Tuesday night:

I think this is just the dark form of Celypha lacunana.


I had two of these large white Coleophora with dark speckling, presumably both are albidella / anatipennella (and would need dissecting to confirm which one).



A worn tortricid. Phtheochroa inopiana? It seemed too small though, and I wondered about Falseuncaria ruficiliana, but there are no modern records of that.



Finally, I'm totally stumped by this Mompha type.



Thanks for any suggestions.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you've got some dissecting to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Only about 10 dissections from that one night then...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suspect that's Celypha cespitana, judging by apical pattern, neat white inner bands, and lack of lacuna. The Mompha looks really intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking along the same lines

    ReplyDelete